Re: lynx-dev LYNX: enter state-abbrev on yahoo? HOW?

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: enter state-abbrev on yahoo? HOW?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:01:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, David Combs wrote:

> Anyone know how to enter the "state", eg "NY",
> at this site?:
[...]
>    Linkname: Yahoo! People Search

Between the "State" and "Search" links there is a 2-character input field.
Enter the state abbreviation there.

> You click(*) on the state, and you get to a page that I'm not sure what to
> do with in lynx.

Read it. It's the list of states supported by Yahoo! People Search and their
abbreviations.

> Lynx unfriendly?

No.

> (*)  OK, I don't actually "click" on it.  I either hit "l" (ell) or <cr>.

"l" takes me to the List Page.

> QUESTION: VOCAB: what is a nice, simple, SHORT verb to use re LYNX for
> "clicking on" a link?

To follow a link.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |