Re: lynx-dev Lynx Access in Japan

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Access in Japan
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:59:15 +0900 (JST)

> surely it was within the last year that i read on lynx-dev

And within the past year the pressure from "crackers" has increased
to an extent you cannot immagine.  (Already it knocked out the central
repository for Lynx under anonymous ftp -- another favorite target.)

> & offering the above as at least one such you would ensure remained so.

It remains, albeit quietly, for _legitimate_ users.

> who ask apparently innocent questions, esp from a place like UC Berkeley?

What does UCB have to do with anything?  (I'm a Cal Aggie man myself :)
And tell me about those "innocent questions."  One of the "innocent
questions" last year almost resulted in pubLynx going off the WWW
permanently.  Fortunately the ISP the guys were going through pulled
the plug on them.

> when was the last time you tried to answer a user's inquiry?

Questions not directly related to lynx-dev I usually answer off the list,
as I did the one in question, with the appropriate URL.

__Henry