Re: lynx-dev multiuser versus single user system use of lynx and

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev multiuser versus single user system use of lynx and
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 05:30:37 +0300 (MSK)

11-Mar-99 18:54 Mike Castle wrote:
> Amazingly enough Leonid Pauzner said:
>> 28-Feb-99 14:16 Mike Castle wrote:
>> > Well, I want to work on a new configuration mechanism for lynx.  A table
>>
>> This require a memory for command line switches (and we could not
>> change most of them on-line, yes?). Now we have in that order:
>> read_cfg();
>> read_rc();
>> <misc code for handling command line switches>

> I pictured that, when active, there would be a heirarchy of config
> settings:  those read from system config file, those read from personal
> config file, those from command line, those changed at run time.

> With that as the ascending order of precedence (ie, changed at run time is
> what would be used).

> When saving, the following would happen:

> If an item was changed at run time, the personal level would be set to that
> value and command line and run time levels would be cleared.

Do you mean *every* lynx.cfg option will be available for personal level?

> If the user wanted to, personal level items would be set to command line
> items, and the command line items cleared (This would make command line
> switches pernament in the future... I doubt many would use this though).

security/restrictions always set from command line...

> Finally, all config file items that are DIFFERENT from the system config

Warning: this is incompatible with present behaviour,
when changing the top level of heirarchy (lynx.cfg)
we got an "unexpected" consequenses.
(should also check on-line level of settings to stabilize the situation).