lynx-dev tiny distribution (was: Dead Code, Part 2)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev tiny distribution (was: Dead Code, Part 2)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:40:05 -0500

> On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 01:40:42PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > [ ...]
> > > see why you can't make it so people don't get the file unless they really
> > [ ...]

Hoping to squelch the griping about too-big-distributions, I've whipped
up a makefile target called "save-tiny" which uses GNU tar "exclude"
flags to skip files while making a tar. Please review this list (Henry
especially) to see that I'm skipping what you want skipped. Unlike the
"save" target, you can do this without removing your compiled code.

tiny-save:
        cd ..; rm -f $(lynxname).tar; gnutar -cf - \
        --exclude $(lynxdir)/lynx \
        --exclude $(lynxdir)/src/lynx \
        --exclude *.o \
        --exclude *.a \
        --exclude *.b \
        --exclude *.leaks \
        --exclude $(lynxdir)/help/\* \
        --exclude $(lynxdir)/intl/\* \
        --exclude $(lynxdir)/po/\* \
        --exclude $(lynxdir)/samples/\* \
        --exclude $(lynxdir)/test/\* \
        --exclude $(lynxdir)/docs/CHANGES2.\* \
        --exclude $(lynxdir)/src/chrtrans/\*uni.h \
        --exclude cfg_defs.h \
        --exclude LYHelp.h \
        --exclude lint.\* \
        --exclude core \
        --exclude \*.core \
        --exclude config.status \
        --exclude config.cache \
        --exclude config.log \
        $(lynxdir) > $(lynxname).tar

  I've uploaded a bz2-compressed copy of dev19 with a couple extra patches to
http://jim.spath.com/lynx/lynx2-8-2dev19-p.tar.bz2 using the new makefile
target.  If you like this approach, I can add it to the distribution scheme
as lynx-tiny.tar.bz2

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: