Re: lynx-dev Lynx: ftp problems

From: Frederic L.W.Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx: ftp problems
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:17:26 +0000

1- Sorry. This Webmail isn't good. I'll get a decent mail client as soon as
possible. Hmm,
or use Lynx. heh.
3- Hmm. The problem is that it occurs at a certain time with a certain ftp
site. It's not
a problem in the ftp sites i think.
I'll make a test now...
ftp://ftp.epicsol.org
Lynx connects to the ftp site but returns to the page i was when the connection
was made.
I now press, g, up arrow and enter and it shows this:
                                              / directory
Current directory is /
You can see that it's not returning the files and directories. If i make this
connection
with ftp://ftp.x.y/z and z is a text it shows the text. And if i use
wget to get a file, it works (pressing "." at the link). It's very strange for
me.

> first, could you please try to separate your messages into lines?
> second, thanx for giving proper details for Lynx version & other software;
> but third, you need to give some examples of the ftp sites with the problem,
> which could be due to the site, not Lynx.
> AFAIK this problem hasn't been reported before.

Essa mensagem foi enviada pelo Webmail Urbi Network
http://www.urbi.com.br/