Re: lynx-dev dead code & 2-8-2

From: John Bley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dead code & 2-8-2
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:26:05 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> one of my suggestions in response to JB's request for comments was
> to hold his clean-up till immediately after 2-8-2rel.1 ,
> then make them the defining patches for 2-8-3dev.1 ;
> that will make it easy for everyone in future to see what was done
> & for researchers to have an easy starting-point.

Well, I can't promise that I'll have time to work on lynx at any given
point in the future: I have free time now, but in a few weeks it'll be
final-exam-project-paper crunch time, then I go somewhere to work during
the summer, and then I start grad school.  Yikes!

Anyway, I've submitted patches/rationales for what I consider the most
flagrant chunks of dead code, like whole files.  The dead code can be
chopped at any point that's convenient, really.  If y'all are more
comfortable doing that at the start of a new dev-cycle, then that's the
way it should be done.

--
John Bley - address@hidden
Duke '99 - English/Computer Science