lynx-dev Funny no-frames quote

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev Funny no-frames quote
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:15:45 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I try to keep my discussion on topic here, but others sometimes send
humorous or somewhat off-topic messages, so I don't feel too bad doing it
once..

Anyway, an alt.fan.cecil-adams post mentioned www.kissthisguy.com for
a list of misheard lyrics (e.g. "'Scuse me while I kiss the sky" from
Jimi Hendrix being misheard as "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy", from whence
the domain name comes.  Oooh, and I even got to use "whence".)

Anyhow, going there in Lynx shows a bunch of frames, and the ONLY time I have
ever seen a decent, funny, and non-rude message.  Usually it's more of the
"you need a browser that supports frames, lame-o" variety.

Here's what it says:

   Problematic though it may be, The Archive makes heavy use of frames. I
   know, I know, frames have lots of problems, but in certain instances
   they make sense. This site is one of those instances. Therefore we've
   provided an alternative. Enjoy, but do consider upgrading your
   browser.

Well, I guess on rereading it it's not all that funny, but it was surprising
when I first saw it.