Re: lynx-dev Lynx and 128-bit Encryption

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and 128-bit Encryption
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 01:58:28 -0500 (EST)

990318 Kartik Shah wrote:
> I am trying to use Lynx 2.8.1 to access an SSL site
> that is 128-bit encrypted.  Can I do this with Lynx?

Lynx doesn't have any encryption capability of its own.
to use SSL with Lynx you need to compile Lynx with patches
which you can get from  www.moxienet.com/lynx ;
you can find help via  www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jeffwong/lynxstuff
 www.cryptsoft.com/  &  ftp.psy.uq.oz.au/pub/Crypto/SSL .
i don't know whether there's any limit to encryption supported by SSL,
but if it works, let us know.  the USA has various legal restrictions,
which you will find described at some of the sites above;
less severe restrictions apply in some other countries, incl Canada.