lynx-dev Re: lynx 2.8.1rel.2: saving gives Permission denied

From: Georg Schwarz
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx 2.8.1rel.2: saving gives Permission denied
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:42:17 +0100

address@hidden (me :-)) writes:

>I've recently compiled lynx 2.8.1rel2 on RedHat Linux 5.2. Everything
>seems to work fine except for one thing:
>when I download a file (hitting d) and try to save it's not saved. On
>stderror I get
>sh: /tmp/L464-3TMP.html: Permission denied

>L464-3TMP.html being just an example. The temporary file L464-3TMP.html
>has been created in /tmp with permissions -rw------- and ownership of the
>person that is running lynx. It fails even when it's run by root.
>Any ideas what could be at fault here?

I've further investigated it, and it looks like this problem occurs when
configuring lynx with  --disable-full-paths.

As an unrelated extra observation, the --libdir= and --includedir= config
options seem to be ignored.
My slang libs are in /usr/local/lib, and they are not found during the
final linking of the binary (they ought to be even without --libdir=,
since configure finds and uses it).

------
This is a Cc: of an article on USENET sent to you for your convenience.
------