lynx-dev Downloading a RealAudio File the Hard Way

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: lynx-dev Downloading a RealAudio File the Hard Way
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 06:47:20 -0600

        The system that I use which presently has lynx is not the
system on which I need to listen to an audio file so that is a short
version of the long story behind this.

        I have tried to download a realaudio file from a site and have
gotten as far as a .ram file.  This looks like most of an URL and I am
curious as to whether there is any way to convert this in to something
that lynx understands so I can download the actual realaudio binary.
Here is the entire .ram file I got.
pnm://audio.wrn.org/server1/archive/rnw/media_network/rn2_med_mar1899.ra

        This has nothing to do at all at this stage with realaudio so
this should be an appropriate topic.  Doing it the normal way with
another browser, etc, is not an option.:-)  Any ideas?

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Data Communications Group