Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.19 patch #6 (em dash = --)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.19 patch #6 (em dash = --)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 01:28:18 +0300 (MSK)

19-Mar-99 13:46 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> so seems we will end up with a single space for emsp.

>> But how about "  " - should it result with two spaces or not?

> Do you mean (a) for the special case Display character set = UTF-8
> or (b) in general?

I mean general case, especially this:

        "-",    /* dash the width of emsp - emdash */
        "\002", /* emsp, em space - not collapsed NEVER CHANGE THIS - emsp */
        "-",    /* dash the width of ensp - endash */
        "\002", /* ensp, en space - not collapsed NEVER CHANGE THIS - ensp */
        "\360", /* small eth, Icelandic (ð) - eth */
        "\353", /* small e, dieresis or umlaut mark (ë) - euml */

do we already have emsp/ensp as not collapsed spaces
so " \002 " string will result with three spaces, not within <pre> ?
If so, emsp may be of any number of spaces we want.

(In fact, modified file test/spaces.html shows up that
if we remove <pre> we got 1 spaces for " &ensp; " in attributes
and 3 spaces in normal text, so I assume attributes are broken).