Re: lynx-dev small patch to dev20

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev small patch to dev20
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:32:38 +0400 (SAMT)

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>> [...]
>
> should probably be enclosed as
>
>    #if defined(FANCY_CURSES) || defined(USE_SLANG)
>            if (!LYShowCursor)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   I'm contrary to the line above. Read below for explanation.
>               move(...)
>    #endif /* FANCY CURSES || USE_SLANG */
>
> for consistency with some other places, and in order to not break some
> sort of ancient curses or terminals that have problems positioning
> cursor on last screen position.  Some comments elsewhere say
>

>    Klaus

 If LYShowCursor!=0, then there can be two cases:
 a) there are some links on the page - cursor will be positioned near them in
    'highlight' that is called after that, so moving the cursor won't have
     effect visual since it will be moved somewhere else by 'highlight'.
 b) There are no links on the page - in that case the modification you suggest
    won't turn of cursor if LYShowCursor!=0, ie cursor will blink at the
    status line. IMO this useless and ,and may be undesired (though it won't
    hurt anybody too much)

 Best regards,
  -Vlad