Re: lynx-dev Year 2000 compliant

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Year 2000 compliant
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:27:54 -0500 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> At the University of Manchester we are doing a survey of software we
> use to find out whether it is Year 2000 compliant.  Could you please
> let me know if Lynx is year 2000 compliant and whether you have
> a statement we could use.

there's a short statement in the top-level README file:

YEAR 2000 COMPLIANCE

   We believe Lynx works properly for the Year 2000 issues, since it does
   not store dates in 2-digit form.  Since it must communicate with a wide
   range of web servers, it interprets dates in a variety of formats.  In
   particular, if Lynx receives a date with a 2-digit year, it assumes that
   values less than 70 are in the range 2000-2069.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden