Re: lynx-dev 'N' for backwards 'n' like "less"?

From: John Bley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 'N' for backwards 'n' like "less"?
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:10:19 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:

> > > Already used, for "Help".
> > Why does there have to be two keys for "Help", "?" and "H"?
> > *Could* dump the use of "?" for Help in favor of Backward Search.
>
> I second this; "?" can be the backward search key without breaking
> existing code.

Update: I'm about 1/3 done implementing it.  It goes backwards in the
current page over the links in the same way that it normally goes
forwards over them.  The other 2/3 are a mess due to cut-and-paste coding
and very weird loop constructs in www_user_search.  Might be another
couple weeks before I get to finish that.

Anyway, since lynx uses less-style '/' for new-search and 'n' for
next-occurence, I figure it only makes sense to keep 'N' like less.
You can always remap if you want a different style.  Besides, I like "?"
for help, it's intuitive to me.  And this is assuming I actually get it
to work.  :-P

--
John Bley - address@hidden
Duke '99 - English/Computer Science