Re: lynx-dev URLs with raw 8-bit chars (was: lynx: have bug)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev URLs with raw 8-bit chars (was: lynx: have bug)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:17:49 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> Something like this (will try later, probably we should restrict
> expanding of &entities; or so).  Think about renaming
> TRANSLATE_AND_UNESCAPE_TO_STD() to TRANSLATE_HREF_ATTRIBUTE()

But entities have to be expanded - all those that mean allowed 7-bit
characters are perfectly valid.  And those that mean other characters
should also be expanded, for consistency.

And the macro is used for much more than just HREFs (whether always
appropriately I don't know).

> 25-Mar-99 02:45 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > And I have not seen either that or raw characters in HREF= in reality -
> > can you offer an example for the last one?
>
> One example I know of -  www.job.ru :)
> This is essentially in Russian language (so may be a problem to test for you).

I wasn't able to reproduce it (no wonder without understanding what they
are saying :) ).  I got lists, but the link for the next 25 items always
looked like http://www.job.ru/cgi/list1.cgi?GR_NUM=%2B1&LDAY=1, without
anything more embedded.

   Klaus