lynx-dev Lynx Y2K compliance by manufacturer

From: Robert_E . _Cardwell
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx Y2K compliance by manufacturer
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:57:59 -0600

Hello:

I am inquiring about the Year 2000 (Y2K) compliance designation for the Web
browser Lynx.

I am a Web developer at Union Pacific Railroad (http://www.uprr.com). As a
business site, we will be recommending our visitors to use a Y2K compliant
browser when accessing our site beginning January 1, 2000. Today Lynx
(which would the DOS/Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX platforms) is the
third-most used browser on our site, and represents about 2% of our
traffic, or over 20,000 hits per month.

Do you publish (or have) a minimum version list of Lynx browsers that are
certified by your organization as being Y2K compliant?

Thank you in advance for your time,

Robert Cardwell
Human Factors
Union Pacific Railroad