Re: lynx-dev anyone here ever try http://clubs.yahoo.com/ ?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev anyone here ever try http://clubs.yahoo.com/ ?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:42:35 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Despite having my lynxrc set to accept all cookies, I still get prompted
> by lynx 2.8.2dev19 regarding cookies at the above URL.  My dream is to
> have a simple setting in lynx that says 'no matter WHAT _always_ accept
> every cookie without asking me a single thing'.

But it's not the normal cookie prompt, it's the "invalid cookie" prompt,
right?

You can get what you want by adding .yahoo.com to the
COOKIE_LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS list.

> Is there any hope of that goal being achieved in a future release of
> lynx?  At one point, lynx did just that.
> But then someone (I have forgotten
> who) began making changes to lynx during this release cycle and now I am
> back to being prompted again.

We decided that accepting invalid cookies should be decoupled from
accepting all (valid) cookies, and should be controled by different
options.  "We" = all who cared to discuss the details, IIRC that was
just Brian Pardy and me.

I am currently (slowly) working on it, but mostly on documenting
(at least in lynx.cfg) the behavior, maybe changing the prompt text -
I think the basic behavior should be as it is.

If COOKIE_LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS does *not* work, let me know!

    Klaus