Re: lynx-dev mailto recipient names

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mailto recipient names
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 12:00:33 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> since we seem to be into nitty improvements this weekend ...
> quite often, i e-mail a newspaper article to someone out there
> using Lynx Printing Options [2];
> unfortunately, the offered name is not updated
> -- as it is eg in the case of links using  g  -- ,

I assume you mean "address" where you say "name" (or you must have a
very clever SYSTEM_MAIL command).

> but my own e-address is rather unhelpfully offered each time instead.

Only if you have saved it in .lynxrc, which you don't have to do.

> how simple would this be to change so the last name is offered again?
> where should i look in Lynx source?

Find LYgetstr(user_response, VISIBLE, sizeof(user_response), NORECALL)
in LYPrint.c.  Find another call to LYgetstr() where the last argument
is not NORECALL, use that and all the necessary surrounding stuff as
a template for modifying the first.  Or write a generic Enter-some-
string-with-given-recall-list function.

Or use tab completion, it works for me...

    Klaus