lynx-dev LY_SOFT_NEWLINE and user search

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev LY_SOFT_NEWLINE and user search
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:17:09 +0400 (MSD)

While searching string in a source "\" mode we may _lost_ a match
if a target string wrapped to the next line with LY_SOFT_NEWLINE symbol.

It _seems_ to me that LY_SOFT_NEWLINE should be filtered out
by IsSpecialAttrChar() in a search functions of LYStrings.c
like it always does for BOLD/UNDERLINE attributes,
but apparently not (since early LY_SOFT_NEWLINE days).

Though this is a rare case but a real disadvantage
when repeating search "n" in a source
angainst previous match in a rendered mode
(I can imagine the change of screen size also).

Leonid.