Re: lynx-dev Question about ordered list tag alignment

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Question about ordered list tag alignment
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 10:25:04 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Here is a sample piece of html.  If you browse it in lynx, notice that
> the arabic numbers appear to be right aligned, the roman numerals appear
> to be centered.  Is there a way to tell lynx that by default I want
> the roman numerals right (or left) aligned?

There isn't actually a difference between the various numbering styles:
if the numbering consists of only one character, it is prefixed with
one (non-collapsing) space, so compared to a two-character number it
appears right-aligned.  Everything longer than one character is not
prefixed with a space and so appears aligned left.

That's all hardcoded.  See 'case HTML_LI:' in HTML.c, and functions
LY{Upp,Low}ercase{I,A}_OL_String in LYCharUtils.c.  You'd have to change
that to get different alignment.

   Klaus