Re: lynx-dev lynx: questions and suggestions

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx: questions and suggestions
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 05:19:42 -0500 (EST)

990326 Vlad Harchev set himself a long list of tasks (smile):
-- most details snipped --
> Keyboard layout:
> It seems that there are only very few keys that are unassigned.
> May be it's time to switch to handling of key sequences
> (may be limiting their length by two keys for now, like ^x-s)

this comes up every couple of months, so to repeat:
we need to adopt the Screen approach to commands,
ie each should have a short name,
which users can enter following a `command' command, eg  : ,
or assign to the key(s) of their choice
thro' .lynxrc & Options or thro' an `assign' command;
Lynx commands already have names which could serve as the starting-point.

no, i'm not going to try implementing this,
but VH might put it near the top of his list.