Re: lynx-dev lynx: questions and suggestions

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx: questions and suggestions
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:22:17 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, David Combs wrote:
[Vlad:]
> >   I'm planning to use Stallman's regex library since it offers  the ability
> <snip>
>
> BEWARE OF DOING THIS!!!   LEGAL ISSUES INVOLVED!!!

Beware of listening to David Combs.

> RMS (Richard Stallman), who has given us all so very much,
> has a belief that (a) software should be free and
> (B) FREE SOFTWARE MAY NOT BE USED "WITHIN" COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE.
>
> There has been long discussions here about whether lynx should
> or should not sign-on to the gnu "copyleft" contract.

Where can I find a version of such a 'gnu "copyleft" contract' that
lynx might or might not sign-on to?

If you mean the GPL - no, there hasn't been any discussion whether
lynx should sign-on to it.  That already is the license under which
everyone (including you) is using lynx.   'lynx' (whoever that is)
is not free to make a decision to 'sign-on' (whatever that is) to
that or not now.

   Klaus