Re: lynx-dev strange HTTP/HTCheckForInterrupt() bug

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev strange HTTP/HTCheckForInterrupt() bug
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:27:33 +0400 (MSD)

29-Mar-99 10:46 Klaus Weide wrote:

>>[...]

>> Well, "Unable to connect to remote host" should be a too far consequence
>> since we interrupt the connection and trying to pop the previous document.

> I don't understand what you mean with 'too far consequence'.
Sorry my English...
I mean the question "unable to connect to which host?"
My guess lynx mean the previous document, but you trace show otherwise.
So the message misguiding - should be at least "interrupted by user".

>> The latter may be a problem when that document not cached

> Were you going back in history, or following a link when you pressed 'z'?
following link.

>> and we can't process a new HTTP connection since
>> something was messed from our original interrupt
>> (may be a timing problem so a short delay is necessary between the processes
>> or something was not flash()'ed in some sence. So a new child
>> is not completely independent from a previous one...)

> I don't think it is a delayed effect at that level - If I understand you
> right,
> Lynx already acted on the 'z', and (if you pressed 'z' only once), I don't
> see how it can act on the 'z' again - it has already been eaten.
I cannot be sure, probably 'z' effectively sent twice,
it should be blocked.

> You seem to assume that "Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host." is from
> the request you interrupted with 'z', and "Exiting via interrupt: 15" is
No (see above).
> from the next request, right?  But I don't think that is the case; if it
> were so, there should have been some intermediate status messages
> ("Getting ...", "Making HTTP connection to ...").

>> Oh, shouldn't we override "no_cache" for a poped document
>> in any case when the next HText_new() even not started?

> I don't understand.  Where and why?
I don't understand either. After pressing 'z' lynx should be stopped
but apparenly it sent a new request over the net and trying to load something.
My guess was the previous document (probably not).