lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.21.patch.gz

From: dickey
Subject: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.21.patch.gz
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:41:44 -0500 (EST)

This includes changes up to last night except for:

        + the one that Bela sent (I got it just a little too late for the
          time I had available, haven't looked at it yet)

        + Vlad's larger patch.  I spent a while last night ironing out the
          build issues, can see that it looks promising, but decided to not
          put it in yet because I think it needs more work before we put it
          in at a late stage of development (not all of the places that I
          would expect to see colored were colored, the source view of the
          dired listing did not work, and it'll take more work to keep it
          ifdef'able from the normal configuration).

          I made a diff of just this (after my integration changes) and
          put it in

http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/lynx/patches/lynx2.8.2dev.20-vlad.patch.gz

          I'd prefer Vlad start from that patch, so I don't have to redo
          my work when he resubmits the patch.  (There may be minor resync
          problems against dev.21, but not many - I worked only 2 hours
          more after factoring that out).

        + the VT patch (I looked very quickly at that, can see that it needs
          some more integration effort)

1999-03-30 (2.8.2dev.21)
* disable LYatexit if memory-leak testing is not configured.
* fixes for unhighlighting problems with color-style support (Vlad Harchev)
* remove '(default: on)' and '(default: off)' strings from configure script
  help message (much lynx-dev discussion) - TD
* remove outdated link to the WebTechs HTML Validation Service from help menu
  and change link to more suitable location for rfc1945 - PW
* correct logic of --disable-full-paths configure option (reported by Georg
  Schwarz) - TD
* fix problems building on OpenVMS with DECC 6.2 (reported by Andy Harper
  <address@hidden>)
  + remove 'DEBUG' definition from build scripts since it is defined in
    the source code.
  + turn off code that tries to use getpwuid(), by defining NOUSERS, since
    those functions are not present on VMS.
  + provide a dummy location for h_errno for systems without that symbol.
  + correct string syntax in VMSexit function
  + ifdef'd use of lynx_version_putenv_command in LYMain.c
  + correct spurious parenthesis in mailform function
  + correct missing COPY_PATH definition for LYUtils.c
* Check for 'z' user interrupt in HTLoadHTTP before setting up the output
  stream.  This avoids doing unnecessary work, including possible creation of a
  new HText structure that most likely is never displayed but still pushes
  another document out of the.  cache.  Most commonly this occurs when a HTTP
  error response is received and the user presses 'z' while the resulting alert
  message is shown - LW
* Fix of HTUnEscapeSome in HTParse.c for non-ASCII - KW, PG
* tidy up around ed_offset initialization in GridText.c - KED
  (the patch as given will not compile on a non-ANSI compiler because it uses
  aggregate initialization, and it's not clear why the ed_offset variable
  must be initialized since the variable is sprintf'd before use - TD)
* add samples/mild-colors.lss (Vlad Harchev)
* add samples/blue-background.lss (from Sergey Svishchev <address@hidden>)
* documentation updates for INSTALLATION and PROBLEMS - PW
* use HTConfirm and HTConfirmDefault to gettext'ify CONFIRM_BOOKMARK_DELETE,
  CONFIRM_COMMENT, CONFIRM_LONG_PAGE_PRINT, CONFIRM_LONG_SCREEN_PRINT,
  CONFIRM_MAIL_SOURCE_PREPARSED, CONFIRM_MAIN_SCREEN, FILE_EXISTS_HPROMPT,
  FILE_EXISTS_OPROMPT, NO_OWNER_USE, PREV_DOC_QUERY, REALLY_EXIT_N,
  REALLY_EXIT_Y, REALLY_QUIT_N, REALLY_QUIT_Y (based on report by LP) - TD
* at LYNXCFG:/ page, add links for every included configuration file so we can
  read and edit them (no, currently the changes will be active the next session
  only.  Minor reorganization of LYMain.c done, more required) - LP
* correct test/spaces.html - it should not be in a <PRE> mode by default - LP
* undo recent &emsp; changes so it is a single space as before (suggested by
  KW) - LP
* add ETag anchor element (currently not used, only for information) - LP
* assign LYNXCFG:/ and LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:/ for internal pages of parsed lynx.cfg
  and compile-time info.  Now we will not see a temp file link name in a
  statusline in advanced mode, also kill overhead since pages created only when
  really accessed - LP
* form-based options menu:  the bug described in 1999-03-17 changes now finally
  fixed - LP
* fix expanding entities for x-transparent display charset
  (was broken from 1999-03-04 changes) - LP
* trimmed trailing blanks from *.tbl, fixed chrtrans/def7_uni.tbl and
  chrtrans/viscii_uni.tbl, ensure that it produces correct result - TD
* chrtrans/def7_uni.tbl - entries with trailing spaces now explicitely enclosed
  in quotes to avoid problems with integrating the patches sent by e-mail,
  more comments added - LP
* attempt to implement --disable-ftp (John Bley)
* fix tiny memory leak in HTAAUtil.c (John Bley)
* chop useless #includes from LYHash.c, LYExtern.c, LYCurses.h (John Bley)
* --disable-news was also disabling ftp, --disable-finger without
  --disable-gopher wasn't right (John Bley)
* remove a duplicate #include from HTFTP.c (John Bley)
* remove several obsolete files from the source distribution (John Bley)
  WWW/Library/Implementation/HTAAServ.*
  WWW/Library/Implementation/HTAAFile.*
  WWW/Library/Implementation/HTAuth.*
  WWW/Library/Implementation/HTACL.*
  WWW/Library/Implementation/HTPasswd.*
  WWW/Library/Implementation/HTHistory.*
* --disable-partial wasn't compiling because of a supressed #include, replace
  one more free() with FREE() (John Bley)
* correct typo LIsListpageTitle vs LYIsListpageTitle
  (reported by Artur Frysiak <address@hidden> and KED)
* don't append sed expression to help_files.sed if the $(COMPRESS_EXT)
  variable is empty - TD