Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.21.patch.gz

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.21.patch.gz
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 00:44:17 +0500 (SAMST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> This includes changes up to last night except for:
>[...]
>       + Vlad's larger patch.  I spent a while last night ironing out the
>         build issues, can see that it looks promising, but decided to not
>         put it in yet because I think it needs more work before we put it
>         in at a late stage of development (not all of the places that I
>         would expect to see colored were colored, the source view of the
>         dired listing did not work, and it'll take more work to keep it
>         ifdef'able from the normal configuration).

    What places you expected to be colored weren't colored? Do you use lynx
without lss support ? If yes, try to compile it with lss support. And there
is a comment in the lynx.cfg added by that patch, where is explained how to
configure markup for different html lexical elements.
   Why do you think it will be useful to make it ifdef'ed from normal
configuration? In current state, it's possible to use old source view or
preparsed source view - they are not mutually exclusive. Moreover, it's not
difficult to make a on option in the O)ptions, that will allow selecting the
way of displaying the source without restarting lynx, or even bind psrc to
other key. IMO ifdef'ing will make the source larger.
  As for source of dired, I'm fixing it too. With patch I've sent, no source
will be displayed for pages that are generated by the various lynx modules (ie
if the source bypass SGML.c, then it wasn't displayed as source). So I'm
hacking HTML.c so it will be able to do the source pretty for any page that
lynx displays.

>         I made a diff of just this (after my integration changes) and
>         put it in
>
> http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/lynx/patches/lynx2.8.2dev.20-vlad.patch.gz
>
>         I'd prefer Vlad start from that patch, so I don't have to redo
>         my work when he resubmits the patch.  (There may be minor resync
>         problems against dev.21, but not many - I worked only 2 hours
>         more after factoring that out).
>[...]
 I hope the final patch will be available before Monday(not a promise).

 Best regards,
  -Vlad