Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.21.patch.gz

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.21.patch.gz
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:01:12 -0500 (EST)

> On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > This includes changes up to last night except for:
> >[...]
> >     + Vlad's larger patch.  I spent a while last night ironing out the
> >       build issues, can see that it looks promising, but decided to not
> >       put it in yet because I think it needs more work before we put it
> >       in at a late stage of development (not all of the places that I
> >       would expect to see colored were colored, the source view of the
> >       dired listing did not work, and it'll take more work to keep it
> >       ifdef'able from the normal configuration).
> >
>     What places you expected to be colored weren't colored? Do you use lynx
> without lss support ? If yes, try to compile it with lss support. And there

I did that.  Perhaps I looked too briefly - will look again now that dev.21's
out, and I can experiment more.

> is a comment in the lynx.cfg added by that patch, where is explained how to
> configure markup for different html lexical elements.
>    Why do you think it will be useful to make it ifdef'ed from normal
> configuration? In current state, it's possible to use old source view or

The changes modified in some places (e.g., the SGML.c) the non-lss
configuration such as tables, adding an extra column which is afaik
used only for psrc.  (That can be ifdef'd, but I didn't get there
due to time constraints).

> preparsed source view - they are not mutually exclusive. Moreover, it's not
> difficult to make a on option in the O)ptions, that will allow selecting the
> way of displaying the source without restarting lynx, or even bind psrc to
> other key. IMO ifdef'ing will make the source larger.

>   As for source of dired, I'm fixing it too. With patch I've sent, no source
> will be displayed for pages that are generated by the various lynx modules
> (ie
> if the source bypass SGML.c, then it wasn't displayed as source). So I'm
> hacking HTML.c so it will be able to do the source pretty for any page that
> lynx displays.

thanks.  It will take some work, but it's worth doing.

> >       I made a diff of just this (after my integration changes) and
> >       put it in
> >
> > http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/lynx/patches/lynx2.8.2dev.20-vlad.patch.gz
> >
> >       I'd prefer Vlad start from that patch, so I don't have to redo
> >       my work when he resubmits the patch.  (There may be minor resync
> >       problems against dev.21, but not many - I worked only 2 hours
> >       more after factoring that out).
> >[...]
>  I hope the final patch will be available before Monday(not a promise).

ok (I probably will be working on dev.22 about a week from now)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden