Re: lynx-dev dev21: What broke "quit on anything other than y"?

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev21: What broke "quit on anything other than y"?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:18:22 -0800

David Combs wrote:

> Actually, I think REQUIRING an explicit y or n is needed.
>
> Better, considering what you lose when you quit lynx, require
> an explicit "y-e-s".
> But until that, make it DIFFICULT to say "q".  I mean, how
> often do you say it?  Don't most people just keep it "up"?

Uh-uh.  You're projecting your own experience onto others.  My
experience: quitting Lynx takes no perceptible time at all; I start and
quit from dozens if not hundreds of Lynx sessions each day; I rarely
build up a large, valuable history.  (If I see something I'll want to
return to, I bookmark it.)  And I'm very used to hitting "qq" to exit
Lynx.

You can configure dev21 to *your* liking, or close enough:
QUIT_DEFAULT_YES:FALSE requires you to hit "qy" or "qY" or "Q", nothing
else (and you could map "Q" to something other than ABORT).