Re: lynx-dev Re: dev20 (with patch to patch that makes patches :-)

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: dev20 (with patch to patch that makes patches :-)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 20:41:06 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, address@hidden said:

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:44:47 -0500 (EST)
> >
> > Hmmm.  With dev.18, SIGTSTP (^Z) didn't work on Solaris.  Now it works
> > again.  (Wasn't a problem on OS390).  Strange?
>
> strange (I don't think we did anything in that area)
>
> > > * lots of color style changes, only effective if compiled with
> > > USE_COLOR_STYLE;
> > >   together they seem to make color styles act much more reliably and
> > >   consistently - KW
> >
> > Hmmm.  I now get the dreaded monochrome reverse video links on Solaris
> > with both XTerm and DTTerm, where DTTerm formerly showed color and XTerm
> > used bold highlighting.  I guess I need to experiment with color styles.
>
> Are you configuring with color style?  (if not, it should be the same as
> before)

OK.  It's a local problem.  In the interim my workstation was upgraded from
Solaris 2.5.1 to 2.6.  The problem occurs on the latter.  config.log
shows (now with dev.21):

    configure:6810: gcc -o conftest -O2   conftest.c -lcurses  -lnsl -lsocket
1>&5
    In file included from /usr/include/sys/termio.h:13,
                     from /usr/include/termio.h:13,
                     from
/usr/GNU/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.3/2.6.1/include/curses.h:45,
                     from configure:6804:
    /usr/include/sys/termios.h:376: parse error before `uint32_t'
    /usr/include/sys/termios.h:376: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or
union
    configure: failed program was:

If I capture the conftest.c and confdefs.h and issue the gcc command from the
keyboard, the error doesn't occur.  I'm mystified.

-- gil