Re: lynx-dev default browser on W95

From: tlhall
Subject: Re: lynx-dev default browser on W95
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 15:13:46 -0600

On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 12:11:20PM -0700, Heather Stern wrote:
> ..
> Does lynx for win32 honor DDE?

Boy, I'd be surprised if it did.

> I can't say if I'd prefer DDE calls of this sort to launch new lynx pages
> or change the running copy (a'la <G>o commands).

I'd rather it open a new lynx with each one.

I wonder... I found this neat-o scripting tool called 'DDE script'
(http://www.winsite.com/info/pc/win3/programr/ddesc110.zip) that
lets me write scripts in ASCII files to do DDE client conversations
(still haven't been able to successfullly talk to NetScape tho ? )

Is there something similar that would allow me to write server
command scripts ?  Maybe I could have it be a wrapper around lynx,
and when some app tries to start a WWW_OpenURL topic, it could launch lynx.

> Somewhat more whitebox, save your entire registry to a file, let the other
> one abuse the registry ^H... change the default, and then save the registry
> to another file.  Run diff or some applicable compare tool against them
> to see what changed.  Regedit isn't very bright but it can be used for this.

Thanks - I'll give this a try ...

> DDE is the message-passing of the 90's for MSwin applications.

Is OLE the one of the 00's ?