Re: lynx-dev (patch) activate lynx.cfg changes for current lynx sessi

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (patch) activate lynx.cfg changes for current lynx session
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:23:24 +0400 (MSD)

6-Apr-99 19:38 Henry Nelson wrote:
>> * lynx.cfg and farther included cfg files can be edited from LYNXCFG:/ page
> [...]
>>   occasionally for user mode other than ADVANCED.  This is an *experimental*
>                                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> What is the configure option or define to NOT compile this in?
NO_CONFIG_INFO will hide all this staff (along with lynx.cfg paths).
No separate compile-time option yet (not sure one necessary
when a user have write access to lynx.cfg file, and experimental code
may became stable in a week or so when we got reports,
and things are obvious after all to get rid of unwanted items).

> Why the need for post-launch editing of lynx.cfg?  Isn't that the
> whole purpose of the O)ption menu?  (Or is your ultimate plan to
> get rid of .lynxrc?)

O)ption menu cover a small subset of lynx.cfg repertoire,
probably <10%, so sometimes may be a need to change lynx.cfg.

This is a step for changing lynx.cfg interactively (I do not plan
more steps into that direction) and hope this it more comfortable
since you can easily fix a typo etc. when checking a "rendered" version
along with testing a changed behaviour (it is very easy to run into
a kind of dependency problems when you have an included lynx.cfg files).

And you always have an opportunity to not use this feature, of cause.