lynx-dev Re: error message

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: error message
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:02:51 -0400

On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 03:35:56PM -0400, Neff, Robert wrote:
> I have just downloaded Lynx and am having trouble getting to work.  I have
> downloaded and unzipped hte file into a file and when I open the application
> file lynx.exe, I get:
>
> 1.  Looking up folder first.
> 2. Then Looking up www.Folder.com, guessing...
>
> Any ideas on how I can get this to function.
>
> thanks!

Try setting up a LYNX.BAT file as per the README.TXT file like this:

set term=vt100
set home=d:\programs\lynx
set temp=d:\tmp
set lynx_cfg=d:\programs\lynx\lynx.cfg
d:\programs\lynx\lynx.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

Then invoke the BAT file instead of the EXE file. At a DOS command
window, try "LYNX.EXE ."

Marvin the Paranoid Android.