Re: lynx-dev Lynx dev

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx dev
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:45:31 +0900 (JST)

> improvements can be made to gussy up the appearance of Lynx? We have a
> really strong Technical team who could duplicate any solutions, although

Well, let's see how "strong" they really are.  I've been struggling with
the AA_LIB now for a long time.  Just cannot seem to get the all important
tool "aview" to compile on my Solaris2.6 box.  For a starting page to the
library, look at:
        http://www.ta.jcu.cz/aa/        and
        http://www.ta.jcu.cz/aa/aview/    .

The page that convinced me that it was not a joke is:
        http://www2.cybercities.com/~jrocho/jan.html.
Once you get used to what's going on, you can really see Jan's face.

Maybe your technical team could figure out how to get the graphic file
to be converted with something like netpbm, pass that output to aview,
and finally have Lynx display the characters.  Jan tells me that his
photo is MUCH clearer when viewed directly as the output of aview.  In
htmlizing it, he says he lost a lot of resolution.  That indicates to
me that with the proper VIEWER/SUFFIX lines in lynx.cfg (and working
tools) that something quite beautiful could be done.

If you are able to work out something, would you PLEASE report your
magic back here.  Thanks, and good luck.

__Henry