lynx-dev Re: We are planning to start mirroring.

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: We are planning to start mirroring.
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 06:37:30 -0400

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 10:33:45PM +0900, HiroyukiKurimoto wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
> >Please point your mirror software at our new FTP location:
> > ftp://lynx.isc.org/
> I have fixed the site of Lynx.
> URL
> http://mirror.nucba.ac.jp/mirror/lynx
> ftp://mirror.nucba.ac.jp/mirror/lynx
> Sincerely, Yours
> ------Hiroyuki Kurimoto----------------------
> Nagoya Syouka University (ComputerCenter)
> address@hidden
> http://mirror.nucba.ac.jp

Thank you for your assistance.

For best results, your FTP mirror software should also be retrieving the
index.html page from the current subdirectory. I have written a script
that organizes the files and displays them along with other pointers.
Lynx will render this page properly even in FTP mode; transfers may then
be started with Lynx.

The site at the company formerly known as Digital is mirroring this page:

reading message 6 of 33 (2397 bytes) .. flushed

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 10:33:45PM +0900, HiroyukiKurimoto wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
> >Please point your mirror software at our new FTP location:
> > ftp://lynx.isc.org/
> I have fixed the site of Lynx.
> URL
> http://mirror.nucba.ac.jp/mirror/lynx
> ftp://mirror.nucba.ac.jp/mirror/lynx
> Sincerely, Yours
> ------Hiroyuki Kurimoto----------------------
> Nagoya Syouka University (ComputerCenter)
> address@hidden
> http://mirror.nucba.ac.jp

Thank you for your assistance.

For best results, your FTP mirror software should also be retrieving the
index.html page from the current subdirectory. I have written a script
that organizes the files and displays them along with other pointers.
Lynx will render this page properly even in FTP mode; transfers may then
be started with Lynx.

The site at the company formerly known as Digital is mirroring this page:

ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/net/infosys/lynx/current/index.html

Other mirrors are still pointing at the old FTP site on sol.slcc.edu
(e.g., ftp://ftp.vse.cz/pub/network/lynx-dev/current/). Any assistance
in getting them updated would be appreciated.

Marvin the Paranoid Android.