Re: lynx-dev batch-mode cookies ?

From: Hugo Rabson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev batch-mode cookies ?
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 19:25:41 -0000 ()

On 09-Apr-99 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 9-Apr-99 08:05 Hugo Rabson wrote:
>> I've written a script which navigate Hotmail & forwards new emails to a
>> local mail spool. The thing is, it no longer works because Hotmail now
>> requires cookies & Lynx won't accept or send cookies when it's run in
>> batch mode (non-interactive mode).
[...]
>> (I'm running Lynx 2.8.2-3).
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is a development version
>                              (2.8.2 has not released yet)
>                              try the recent development version -
>                              the link is available from '=' Info Page

I'm now running Lynx 2.8.2dev21 and the problem is the same: I don't get a
persistent cookie file in batch mode. That is, the cookie file _exists_ &
was created by Lynx in batch mode, but it's empty. I've compiled
persistent cookies in & set the options in lynx.cfg so that persistent
cookies worked just fine under Lynx in _interactive_ mode.

--------Hugo Rabson <address@hidden>--------
Date: 09-Apr-99       Time: 19:23:10
NT is for the Navy; the Vikings would have used Linux.