lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx Ver. 2.5

From: speaks
Subject: lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx Ver. 2.5
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 00:56:32 -0500 (CDT)

Strangest thing happened tonight. Lynx has been working fine
on my Linux 2.0.29 (i586). Now, whenever I execute lynx it
crashes saying

A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.5
Lynx now exiting with signal:  11

No core file was dumped. The only unusual thing that
happened before this was that lynx hung up on a URL
that was not responing, and then my modem connection
died (a normal thing after 2 hours).

Furthermore, lynx still works fine if I run it as root.
Only when I am logged on as my usual login name does it
crash like this.

Any ideas/help out there?

Randy