lynx-dev DOS bug report - no fix (PDCurses build)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev DOS bug report - no fix (PDCurses build)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:03:30 -0700 (PDT)

I wanted to report to the list two (probably related) bugs in the
PDCurses build of the DOS port of lynx. These are not found in the
SLang port. I don't know where the problem arises, in PDCurses itself
or in the way lynx interacts.

1. When exiting with CTRL-C or CTRL-BREAK, the system BREAK is not
reset to the value present before lynx was executed. It is always ON.
BREAK is reset properly with a normal exit.

2. When exiting with CTRL-BREAK, but not with CTRL-C, the packet
driver can not terminate properly, requiring a reboot to clear it from
memory (tested with DOSPPP only).

There is a third problem I noticed, but I don't know if it is a bug.
Looking at trace files for the PDCurses and SLang ports, on exit with
CTRL-C or CTRL-BREAK the SLang port saves cookies. No such messages
appear in the PDCurses ports. This all sounds like a problem with
handling exiting after SIGINT under PDCurses.

This was tested using dev.21 and dev.16, SLang 1.2.2 and PDCurses 2.3.
                                 Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)