Re: lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx Ver. 2.5

From: randy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx Ver. 2.5
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:09:30 +0000

Heather Stern wrote:
> > 990409 Randy Speaks wrote:
> > > Strangest thing happened tonight.
> > > Furthermore, lynx still works fine if I run it as root.
> > > Only when I am logged on as my usual login name does it crash like this.
> > > Any ideas/help out there?
> While Philip's answer is valid (lynx has changed a lot, you want a new
> one) it doesn't answer what happened to your previously working copy.

Yes, thanks to both of you for the advice. Philip's advice
was a standard answer, but not for me at that point; but that
is just a philosophical issue.

I found the problem just an hour or so after I posted, being the
inquisitive Linux user that I am :) It had nothing to do with
lynx or the internet. As you detected; it was a system 'pilot' error.
That may be off topic here, so I won't go into it unless someone
really wants to know about it. The important thing is that the
application works flawlessly once again!

Thanks again.

Randy