Re: lynx-dev Lynx suppport frames?

From: tlhall
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx suppport frames?
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:27:21 -0600

On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 12:04:08PM -0700, Jennifer Jelavich wrote:
> This is a critical issue at San Francisco State University as we are
> introducing a new online course management system called "Blackboard" -
> which is set up in frames.  If you could get back to me as soon as
> possible, I would really appreciate it.

Looks to me like you could use lynx to take courses, but not to build
them, since lynx doesn't have JavaScript support.
See the manual at:
   http://www.blackboard.net/help/documentation/i_manual

If you have acces to lynx, try it on :
   http://classroom.blackboard.net/courses/PHY111/index.html

It looks like Blackboard doesn't use the ALT tags by default, so
students may have to deduce where links point by the file names
(pretty much S.O.P. for lynx users these days).

Apparently, David Weaver (PHY111) found a way to include the ALT
tags, so if your students are going to be using lynx, you should
use the ALT tags, too.