Re: lynx-dev dev.22 lynx_dev.html

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.22 lynx_dev.html
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 23:31:31 -0400 (EDT)

990413 pg commented on my revision of  lynx-dev.html :
> -[ <a href="http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/";>Lynx-Dev Archives</a> |
> +[ <a href="http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev";>Lynx-Dev Archive</a> |
> drops me into an intro page, rather than an index of months.

this was deliberate, for the reason you devine below.

> If it were my choice, I'd back this off --
> it's one more transaction to get to the meat of the archive.
> maybe this is a power user's bias & a beginner needs to view the intro.

yes, my documentation updates are always done with naive users in mind,
tho' not to pamper them or ignore more experienced users.

> the first link on the index of months is a well-marked pointer
> to the intro for anyone who needs it.

yes: maybe it's a matter of taste;
certainly, a gripelet i'm not going to pursue if anyone wants to alter it.

> I generally appreciate the attention PW gives to Lynx documentation.

thanx lots: i have been feeling a bit unappreciated,
esp with the pedantic nits'n'rants from people
who never seem to work on documentation themselves.