lynx-dev need help with lynx key mapping

From: Gene Collins
Subject: lynx-dev need help with lynx key mapping
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:50:25 -0500

Hello.  I'm running Lynx 2.8.1dev.16 under Windows 95.  I am a totally
blind person using the ASAP screen reader.

The problem is that the screen reader wants to use the numeric key pad for
it's command keys.  Since Lynx is a Windows console app, conagent.exe takes
over the keyboard interrupt, and passes all of my screen reader commands on
to Lynx, instead of allowing the screen reader to capture them as would
normally be the case.  I would like to map the numeric key pad so that all
the keys on the keypad are ignored, but the arrow keys, page up, page down,
home and end keys that are between the key pad and the enter key will still
work.  Is this possible?  If so, where can I find the key scan codes or
special key names that I need for specifically mapping the numeric key pad,
and what Lynx action verb should I map to each key that I would like ignored.

I've looked at lykeymap.c and lykeymap.h, but not being a c programmer,
I've had a bit of trouble making sense of them.  What I would like to do is
put theese mappings in my lynx.cfg file, but the mapping area of lynx.cfg
doesn't seem to reference the key pad home and end keys etc. separately
from the other home, end, page up, page down, etc.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Gene Collins

address@hidden