Re: lynx-dev PATCH [dev22]: source caching fixes (was: patch to fix P

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev PATCH [dev22]: source caching fixes (was: patch to fix PSRC mode with SOURCE_CACHE!=NONE)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:01:58 +0400 (MSD)

14-Apr-99 13:32 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> Probably the exit from options menu may now utilize the power of
>> SOURCE_CACHE,
>> though it handles more parameters than HTdocument_settings_changed()
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> Leonid.
>>
>    I found another bug: if there is something on the cache stack (say doc A
> -current doc and doc B), and we go to 'O' and change something, only
> appearance of 'A' is changed, the appearance of B is not changed - the cahced
> version is used. IMO it will be better to uncache everything in the stack.
> This is best tested with 'links are/not numbered' - since rendered versions
> differ a lot.

That was a very expensive solution before SOURCE_CACHE
but now this can be done nicely by adding more parameters to the function
above and avoid using of HTuncache_current_document() calls.
Until we keep a compatibility with SOURCE_CACHE:NONE this is a little messy.

>  If the bug I described is fixed, then all documents will return to their
> normal (not source) representnation (or we have to keep a stack of modes of
We already do that somehow in LYK_SOURCE - we trying to remember document
owner and document charset to utilize them in source mode (parameters gotten
for rendering HTML will unavailable in source mode until we store them
somehow).  Probably, a proper way will be to split out the HTParentAnchor
data and HText data so the first will not be lost when we uncache the second.
And source mode flag may now belongs to HTParentAnchor. So the mode will
always WWW_PRESENT until the *document* has its own value overwise.