Re: lynx-dev Re: STARTFILE patch

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: STARTFILE patch
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:06:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

>  - for 3), the underlying network problem has to be fixed.  This seems
>    to be a problem mostly for users of 386 binaries.  Maybe creators of
>    those packages can make further improvements (or maybe they are already
>    doing everything that makes sense).

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't noticed this at all. The DOS version
is inherently difficult to configure, but most of this has been
partially automated by Alfredo Cole's program to setup DOSPPP and the
batch file I include with the binary. I haven't looked at them lately,
but I believe that there are at least two other efforts to make things
easy for users, John Lewis's Bobcat386 package (available from the
fdisk site) and the lynx_kit distribution (from rene.simplenet.com). I
haven't noted reports of network problems from Win32 users.
                            Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)