lynx-dev Re: Commenting...

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Commenting...
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:25:56 -0400

On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 01:00:48PM +0400, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 08:05:49PM -0400, Webmaster Jim wrote:
> > <link rev="made" href="mailto:(Webmaster Jim) address@hidden">
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 02:32:55AM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > Or alternatively rev="owner".
>
> Thanks.  Where is this documented?

It's in the HTML 3.2 specs, but seems to have vanished from 4.0. All the
pages that have this are "obsolete" I guess, but since it's unlikely
this function will be removed from Lynx, I still include it in my pages.

====
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html32.html

                                  HTML 3.2 Reference Specification (p16 of 130)

   rev
          This defines a reverse relationship. A link from document A to
          document B with REV=relation expresses the same relationship as
          a link from B to A with REL=relation. REV=made is sometimes
          used to identify the document author, either the author's email
          address with a mailto URL, or a link to the author's home page.

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You're not going to appreciate me for it are you?
Not that that matters to me.   Nothing matters really.