Re: lynx-dev need help with lynx key mapping

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev need help with lynx key mapping
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:49:13 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think this can be done, but there may be other solutions. If
you are running a precompiled version obtained from www.fdisk.com, it
was compiled with PDCurses, which doesn't distinguish the vaules of
the numberpad keys from the other keys of similar value. I seem to
remember some solutions posted to the BLIND-L list. If you subscribe
to that list, try posting your question there. Also, you might
try upgrading to a newer version. I believe that 2.8.2rel2 is at
www.fdisk.com. A recent development version compiled by Hiroyuki
Senshu is available, but you will need to look carefully for the
English files among the Japanese.

"ftp://crab.it.osha.sut.ac.jp/pub/Win32/develope/senshu/Lynx";
                                 Doug

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Gene Collins wrote:

> Hello.  I'm running Lynx 2.8.1dev.16 under Windows 95.  I am a totally
> blind person using the ASAP screen reader.
>
> The problem is that the screen reader wants to use the numeric key pad for
> it's command keys.  Since Lynx is a Windows console app, conagent.exe takes
> over the keyboard interrupt, and passes all of my screen reader commands on
> to Lynx, instead of allowing the screen reader to capture them as would
> normally be the case.  I would like to map the numeric key pad so that all

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)
          address@hidden