Re: lynx-dev need help with lynx key mapping

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev need help with lynx key mapping
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:04:04 -0400 (EDT)

990414 Gene Collins wrote:
> Hello.  I'm running Lynx 2.8.1dev.16 under Windows 95.
> I am a totally blind person using the ASAP screen reader.
> The problem is that the screen reader wants to use the numeric key pad
> for its command keys.  Since Lynx is a Windows console app,
>  conagent.exe  takes over the keyboard interrupt and passes
> all my screen reader commands on to Lynx, instead of allowing
> the screen reader to capture them as would normally be the case.
> I would like to map the numeric key pad
> so that all the keys on the keypad are ignored,
> but the arrow keys, page up, page down, home and end keys will still work.
> where can I find the key scan codes or special key names
> that I need for specifically mapping the numeric key pad,
> and what Lynx action verb should I map to each key that I would like ignored.
> I would like to put these mappings in my  lynx.cfg  file,
> but the mapping area of  lynx.cfg  doesn't seem to reference
> the key pad home and end keys etc. separately
> from the other home, end, page up, page down, etc.

i can't offer explicit help beyond Doug Kaufman's advice,
but i seem to remember a brief discussion recently on lynx-dev:
try searching the Archive at  http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev ,
esp messages from Rosmaita, Rasmussen & Eaves, but not confined to those;
you may need to work back to February or January.

you should also update to the latest release 2-8-1rel.2 , if possible:
it has a newer Main Help Page, whose links [7] & [11] may help you.
get it from  http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release .