Re: lynx-dev dev.22 lynx_dev.html

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.22 lynx_dev.html
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:38:09 -0400 (EDT)

990415 Bela Lubkin tried to sow seed in stony ground:
> 990415 Philip Webb wrote:
>> the problem people were having with my use of <br> was
>> that they were reading the patch instead of the rendered help-file.
>> the latter should be neat & easy to read: i agree it's probably better
>> to put long stretches of the help documentation in <pre>...</pre>.
-- examples snipped --
> You are imposing *your* idea of a good screen width on your readers.

grepping the files in  /lynx_help/keystrokes/  gives  9  which use <pre>:

  alt_edit_help.html:<p><pre>
  dired_help.html:<pre>
  edit_help.html:<p><pre>
  environments.html:<pre>
  keystroke_help.html:<PRE>
  movement_help.html:<PRE>
  other_help.html:<PRE>
  scrolling_help.html:<PRE>
  test_display.html:<PRE>

a good example is  dired_help.html .
i don't know who created these: one of the Giants, presumably ...