lynx-dev Re: lynx documentation

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx documentation
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 07:59:51 -0400

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 06:49:50AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> > suggesting ordinary users search thro' CHANGES is presumably a joke ...
>
> this is the developer's mailing list; it's not uncommon to get responses
> that point into the CHANGES files.

Not to mention the CHANGES files are on line and included in the HTTP
and FTP index files:

http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/index.html
http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/CHANGES
ftp://lynx.isc.org/current/index.html
ftp://lynx.isc.org/current/CHANGES

Typically, when I update any free software I have on my machine I look
through the developers CHANGES file to see what kind of bugs have been
fixed, and what kind of new features exist. I expect most "ordinary
users" do the same.

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Oh sorry did I say something wrong? Pardon me for breathing,
which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it.
Oh God, I'm so depressed!