Re: lynx-dev screen widths

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev screen widths
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:55:21 -0700

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 01:30:50PM -0700, David Combs wrote:

> BULLSHIT(*) to "anything wider than 80 chars is likely to be
> hard on L -> R eye movement"; that's what I say.

Re the "(*)", I forgot to put down at the bottom
that word is evidently one of a nearby town's mayor's
favorites.

Who?  Who else but Rudi Guiliani, current mayor of
New York City, soon maybe :-( U.S. Senator, or perhaps
(they say he really wants the job) Attorney General
of the U.S. (double :-(  )).

A local radio station, wbai (of the pacifica group)
repeatedly plays a tape of him at the 1992 "police riot"
at City Hall (before he got elected), when he shouts
it out to his admiring crowd of police.

(Well, at least the trains (subways) run on time...)

David