lynx-dev lynx with -color and -lss

From: ralph . usenet
Subject: lynx-dev lynx with -color and -lss
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:01:23 -0400

Hello,

I've been trying to compile Lynx 2.8.1 on my Linux system
(Red Hat 5.2), since the original binary didn't support
color styles (lss).  Despite my earnest attempts, however,
I won't get any color.  I did

/configure --enable-persistent-cookies \
        --enable-color-style \
        --enable-default-colors \
        --enable-underlines \
        --with-screen=ncurses

but the resulting binary doesn't support the -color
command line option.  I've tried slang as well, to no
avail.

Could someone please elaborate why color is broken?  I've
spent _hours_ browsing news groups and the web but
couldn't find any helpful information.

Thanks,
Ralph

--
Ralph Benzinger          "This is my theory, it is mine, I own it,
PGP key on request        and what it is, too." -- Ann Elk (Mrs.