Re: lynx-dev realaudio

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev realaudio
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 01:32:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> There is a little script program called rap that runs the
> realplayer from a text session. I have been trying to get it
> to work with Lynx but anytime I click on a link to a realaudio
> stream, lynx drops an html file to the /tmp directory instead
> of a .ra or .ram file. I may get a file that looks like this:
> L7854_3TMP.html that contains the realaudio.ra address inside
> of it.
>
> Is there anyway to get Lynx to drop the .ra/.ram file to /tmp
> instead?
>
> I have the mime tupes setup and the mailcap also.

If the only problem is the name that lynx chooses - you probably
haven't set up mime types right.  You should have something
like this in the relevant mime.types or .mime.types file:

    audio/x-pn-realaudio            ra rm ram

You may have to change there order of the suffixed; it seems
lynx uses the last one for generating the temp filename.
Also check that the mIME type sent by the server is actually
audio/x-pn-realaudio (try ']' HEAD).

> The little program works from the command line and would work
> from lynx if only I could get it to drop the .ra file name to
> /tmp to be read.

Of course you could always write a little script around the script
that just renames or copies the file.

   Klaus